blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BLT Salad with Salmon


BLT, who doesn't love one! Classic, simple, and tasty. I hadn't had a BLT in years until recently on Christmas Day, my husband, son, mother and father decided we would eat Christmas lunch out, and pulled up to the only restaurant open, a cute little diner. And what better diner food than a BLT! And that's exactly what I got. I haven't stopped thinking about it since! So much so that I decided to make a BLT salad...with a twist that is. 

Instead of using bacon I pan fried pieces of  prosciutto, instead of using lettuce I used sliced brussels sprouts, I kept the T of the BLT and for the final twist I topped my salad with a piece of pan seared salmon. This is a great variation on the classic BLT sandwich and the presentation and taste will be sure to impress!

BLT Salad with Salmon
Ingredients:
Salad-
5-6 cups brussels sprouts, shredded or sliced very thinly
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Prosciutto, one whole slice per person
Salmon steak, one per person

Dressing-
1/4 cup balsamic dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 crushed garlic clove
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Dressing-
Combine all dressing ingredients and set aside to let the crushed garlic clove permeate the dressing.

Salad-
Start by heating a pan on medium heat and spray with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Place pieces of prosciutto into pan and cook until crispy; set aside. Cook your salmon steaks and set aside to rest while you assemble your salad. Place shredded brussels sprouts and sliced tomatoes in salad bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to combine. Plate a helping of the brussels sprout mixture on each plate and top with one piece of salmon along with a piece of crispy prosciutto. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips